Sunday 6 May 2012

The Perfect Cupcake!

So over the last month or so that I've been baking cupcakes, I've had a LOT of trouble trying to get a nice dome shaped cupcake.... aka.... the perfect cupcake!  I know, for those of you who aren't baking and decorating entrepreneurs, this seems really absurd but in the cupcake world, having the perfect cupcake is so important so that you can decorate it properly and the end product is 'perfect'.

So what was happening with my cupcakes is that a lot of them would be saggy, lopsided or uneven. Was I mixing the batter wrongly, do I need to smoothen the batter before I place the tray into the oven?

Well from what I found... NO!

The tip is to get a teaspoon, insert half of the teaspoon into each casing of batter and swirl the teaspoon around evenly. I'm actually not sure how this makes the cupcakes so nicely shaped, but it really does work!
Just remember to not over mix your batter as this can make the cupcakes less spongy and not rise as well.

The 'Perfect' Cupcake
This is not my own photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment